Segmentation Analysis Methodology
A segmentation analysis was conducted on the sample (n=3264) using Q software. This analysis was performed using a statistical technique known as Latent Class Analysis. This analysis looks for response patterns within the data and uses this to cluster the sample into groups of like-minded individuals based on their responses to key questions. Fit-statistics help to determine the best model for the data (i.e., number of segments that emerge).
The analysis revealed 5 groups with varying quality of life and demographics:
- Later-Life Contents: 22% of respondents
- Still-Working Victorians: 34% of respondents
- Young Workers: 14% Settled Victorians
- Pandemic-Impacted Victorians: 21% of respondents
- Disenfranchised: 9% of respondents